This is the best, I mean like a protein rich meal like this is the best in less than 30 minutes <3and officially the first recipe of Weight Loss Cookery..YAY
Ever since I started my weight loss journey, I have always wanted to eat more of protein, because protein builds muscle and muscle helps in burning fat.Simple! Also protein keeps me full for long time which is what I want to distract myself from unnecessary cravings.So my search for protein rich recipes keeps getting better and better with all these yummiest ideas, Weight loss partners of the world, let’s unite and make this super bowl of salad-curry kind of goodness which is so perfect for quick dinners.dinners. Hmmm..Did I ever say that I love curries?With or without sauces, bring it on …
As the title says it all, Soya is our real hero for today which is loaded with hell lot of protein and super less in fat.That’s what every weight loss aspirant should keep their eyes wide open for..sorry stomach I must say here.Especially us vegetarians,let’s not leave any goodness from these two excellent sources of protein. Umm..tofu,is it bland is it tasty is it ok will it leave a sour taste on my tongue, my mind was so much not ready to eat tofu and I admit many a times I have binned several unopened sealed packs of tofu with dates expired.The foodie in me always craved for paneer(Indian Cottage cheese by the way) which is by the way a shooter of calories though rich in protein.But this tofu recipe has just got me surrendered.
And talk about soya beans? Frozen beans? Am in for all day lecture:) these tiny green gems are my most favourite, I will sprinkle them like salt in kichdi, soups, salads, by the way in smoothies(joking, pls don’t try).I so much love to eat them in every possible way because the fat in me needs more protein.This plant food is considered one of the richest sources of protein and fibre which are the basic elements to help melt the fat.So more of soya recipes coming your way, my dear food lover..
The whole thing came up to less than 300 calories and its your choice if you would like to share or have a greedy meal.Have a good weekend peeps and me hitting the elliptical!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of ginger finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon of garlic finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilli slit
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- ¼ cup Soya Beans or Edamame(I used frozen)
- Salt as required
- ½ cup tofu cut into small cubes(or a small rectangular block of your choice)
- ½ tablespoon curry powder(you get in Asian stores else mixture of coriander,cumin powder)
- ¼ tablespoon of red chilli powder(optional)
- ½ tablespoon crushed black pepper
- Freshly chopped Coriander
- Defrost the beans and boil for 2 minutes in microwave.Keep them aside
- Heat oil in a wok and when hot, put the ginger and garlic.when slightly burnt, add the cumin and let them splutter.
- Add the green chillis and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the soya beans, bell pepper,grated carrot and sprinkle salt.Fry them for like 7-8 minute suntil the raw smells goes off and the beans gets coated well with oil.the aim is to fry them little.
- Add the spice powders except pepper and red chilli powder.Fry for 7-8 min on medium flame until all the spices are roasted(and not burnt) well and coat the beans and peppers.
- Add the tofu cubes and mix well.Fry for 5 minutes.Add the red chilli and pepper powder.
- Fry for 5 more minuted and sprinkle lots of frehly chopped cilantro.
- Eat hot with brown rice or pita bread or as a complete meal by increasing the portions.
At the end put cooked brown rice and stir fry on high flame for a tasty meal.Adjust spices and salt accordingly but not the fat