Mango Carrot Smoothie (with little pineapple) – A delicious blend of these colourful fruits and vegetables will kick start your day in the most energetic manner plus I just love the colour of this smoothie!
And the smoothie madness continues on this blog(anyone for mango blueberry breakfast smoothie?), Well, fruits and vegetables are the heroes of this blog, what else you expect my dear gang. I have discovered a whole new world of food after I started my weight loss journey, well few say eat whole fruits instead of juices and few say that they get oxidised when made into smoothies etc, but what is important is that you stop eating a fried breakfast and step towards a healthy life style, While I don’t prefer juices as they call for straining the liquid thereby losing all the pulp(and its nutrients) I completely adore smoothies, they are just another form of fruits in a jar which will be very easy to consume, Oh yes I like to eat cut fruits and whole fruits too but when I want to have a simple solution for a takeaway breakfast during my rush filled mornings, smoothies are a must, smoothies kind of became my home-work before I set off for my work…Plus I can blend in different varieties of fruits, vegetables and ofcourse Kale(which otherwise I would never ever dare to eat!)
Thanks to these smoothies, am not scratching my head these days on what to eat for breakfast or munch on for snack, I would pair up few colourful fruits and veggies along with some needed fats like avocado, almond butter to make a filling breakfast or to say a satisfying post-workout snack! Either ways these smoothies are incredible and awesome be it in summer where there is abundant produce around every corner or in winter where you can fill the freezer with huge bags of frozen berries and such!. When you decide to eat healthy and get fit, weather or season is not a blocker! We have a goal to get fit, isn’t it? Plus how can you not dream about these colours that you see above?
Mangoes are so close to my heart as we grew up eating them in every summer as a custom. It was a mere excitement that dad comes back home with a huge bag of mangoes while coming back from work every other day until the summer is over, we would eat it as it is or with curd rice and sometimes as juice, my brother and I would fight for the middle plumpy part so we could lick all the sweetness of the flesh until no sign of pulp exist around the seed 🙂 ok back to 30’s now and am here trying to lose weight,
- Mangoes are not way fattening until you eat them as a all day meal. It is a low density energy fruit which means that I can safely consume them in moderation and need not avoid while I try to lose weight.
- Mangoes avoid my sweet cravings for other foods like cakes and pastries and most importantly the Indian sweets.
- Mangoes are high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, copper and vitamin A. They are loaded with complex (good) carbohydrates and high in fibre. Each gram of mango has 0.6 calories(gathered from Internet) if you are too interested in that part.
I have paired the mango with carrots and pineapples to create this beautiful looking luscious mango carrot smoothie that gves me instant energy. Talk about carrots or may be I don’t wanna talk about carrots because I blindly want to follow my primary school lessons, carrots are bright orange and very rich in vitamin A and are good for my eyes :)I also love the feel of drinking this smoothie or its pretty color people! I get a mental boost that all that golden yellow color is going to reflect in my face soon after Who doesn’t love colors here? Yellow+Orange= gold!
And omit pineapples if you don’t have, but they add a good kick to the smoothie, do you wanna still miss this golden beauty?What’s stopping you, go go go make this for breakfast tomorrow plus it is freezer friendlYYYYY! I am a happy dancer now as these two cute bottles are sitting in my freezer right now which means tomorrow morning = no work morning.
- 1 big sized mango
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 1½ cup Coconut Water or plain water
- If using frozen fruit, leave them on the counter top for 30 min before making the smoothie.
- If not , wash, peel the mango and chop into small cubes, like wise carrot and pine-apple too.
- Take all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Top it up with chia or any pumpkin/sunflower seeds.
Feel free to gulp all the two serves that this recipe makes,no guilt !