Chocolate Chip Oats Protein Bites An easy recipe for seriously delicious chocolate chip oats protein bites, best as a pre and post workout snack
Am addicted! Seriously to these snow ball cuties. Like the soft chewy chocolate chip protein bites filled with all goodness of oats, coconut oil and maple syrup, Nibbles of love everywhere in my kitchen today! What more can I ask for! If there is anything I have learnt so far in my weight loss journey, that is ‘not to keep myself hungry for longer times’. True true and true, when I get hungry I lose all my patience, get angry , cannot think and cannot even make wise decisions including food, I will need something to control all these emotions and munch on something until I get satisfied. Very scary stuff especially when the life-giving spring is here which means am putting all sorts of efforts and not making excuses to do that 1 hour , 60 minutes workout a day. Think of that deadly 60 sec run on the treadmill while you munch on that little bag of potato crisps? Very very scary!
And it is a pretty easy affair to grab any form of junk food when I am working from home or stuck in traffic for longer times with a hungry soul. And talk about the time after my workout where I pretend hungry, there were countless such situations where I force myself to eat some junk in the name of false hunger. To overcome all these self panic situations I have started thinking about creating my own little energy booster that don’t load my body with heavy carbs and saturated fats and today am bringing you these tiny life savers!
These incredible protein bites are loaded with oats,whey protein and healthy fats and sugars like coconut oil and maple syrup. Maple syrup is an excellent source of antioxidant aids in muscle repair and strong bones, Now who doesn’t want that?and not the least these are studded with tiny dark chocolate chips!! In all ways I highly recommend you to try out these little protein bites to save yourself from uncontrolled binge eating of junk foods. You just need 15 minutes of your time to make these energy filled protein bites but they last for almost a week !And they are freezer friendly too so why not give a try?
Leave me a comment below on what kind of foods you reach out to when you are extremely hungry, Let’s make a plan to ditch those junk snacks!
- ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml):
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Whey Protein powder(4 scoops)
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips(optional)
- ¼ Cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Keep a tablespoon of oats aside, Pulse the remaining oats into fine powder using a blender or food processor.
- In a medium bowl, take all the dry ingredients , oats flour, oats, protein powder and salt and mix well. You could use the blender jar itself to mix all these 🙂
- Take another bowl and add the wet ingredients ,maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla essence. Give it a good mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients ,Fold in chocolate chip and mix well using a spatula or a wooden spoon for a minute. Apply little oil to your hands and using your hands roll the mixture into a soft cookie dough like consistency. It will be little sticky to handle but you will make it out 🙂
- Cover the dough with a foil or cling form and Refrigerate it for 15 minutes at least as this will make it easy to work with the dough.
- Take out the dough and start rolling into small balls (of your desired size). Keep it in a fridge or an air tight container.
You can add coconut flakes and any dry fruits to make it more nutritional but make sure you measure the nutrients.
Also try using mashed boiled chickpeas in place of protein powder of you are short of protein powder.
I used a strawberry flavoured protein powder and hence the pale pink colour.